Construction Accounting & Litigation Support
Yip Associates’ team of qualified accounting professionals consists of Certified Public Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Forensic Accountants and Certified Construction Auditors who have years of experience specializing in the construction industry. Our team provides forensic accounting, construction auditing and litigation support services to owners, developers and contractors in both the public and private sector.
Our firm is ideally positioned to support your construction related audits, investigations and litigation matters, including but not limited to:
- Analyzing project financial statements, payment requisitions, work-in-progress schedules, budgets and schedules.
- Rebuilding project financial statements and job cost schedules from the underlying records.
- Reviewing bank and disbursement records to determine whether funds have been inappropriately diverted to other projects (misappropriation of trust funds) or used for personal gain.
- Analyzing change orders, allowances, contingencies and general conditions for excessive, unapproved or unsupported costs.
- Reviewing payment requisitions, invoices, and job cost records to determine whether amounts billed are properly documented and supported.
- Tracing and monitoring progress payments to ensure that the work performed is commensurate with the amounts paid.
- Analyzing trade labor payroll and benefits for compliance with prevailing wage and other labor law requirements.
- Comparing the scope of work performed against contractual requirements to identify areas of non-compliance, and for indications that work scopes were not performed or the contractor was “cutting corners.”
- Assessing the financial aspects of a claim to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the financial positions taken.
- Presenting findings in clear, easy to understand, reports and graphs designed for effective presentation to executive boards, or to be used by attorneys during arbitration, mediation or courtroom proceedings.
- Maria M. Yip, CPA, CFE, CIRA, CFF
- Richard F. Vermeulen, CPA, CFE, CRFAC, CCA
- Kerry-Ann M. Rin, CPA, CIRA
- Christopher M. Cropley, CPA
- Charles D. Bailey, CFE
- Matthew J. Bellacosa, CPA, CFE
- Brandon O. Victor, CFE, CCA, GRCA
Contact Yip Associates to find out how our team can help you.