Christopher Cropley | Profile
Christopher Cropley, CPA is a Forensic Accounting Director at Yip Associates with 14 years of professional experience specializing in forensic accounting, investigative auditing, integrity oversight monitoring, construction auditing, litigation support, construction claims, fraud risk mitigation, internal controls, disaster recovery, and regulatory and compliance services.
Prior to joining Yip Associates, Mr. Cropley was an audit manager at CohnReznick. His audit experience includes working with public and private companies in the construction, manufacturing and distribution, technology and life science, and renewable energy industries, among several others. Within the Construction Industry Practice at CohnReznick, Mr. Cropley was a member of the Firm’s Fiscal and Integrity Monitoring Group, which focused on reconstructing and monitoring all financial activities associated with major capital construction projects and within Federal and state funded programs.
Mr. Cropley has several years of experience developing audit risk assessments and implementing work plans designed to identify, mitigate and monitor potential risks. His public and private audit experiences include evaluating internal control design and operating effectiveness. Mr. Cropley also specializes in researching and making recommendations on technical accounting issues, formulating budgets and executing audit and staffing plans based on client / industry knowledge and executing timely deliverables.
Mr. Cropley’s areas of expertise include:
- Providing forensic accounting and consulting services to integrity monitoring firms, public agencies and private owners/developers on major capital construction projects.
- Performing risk assessments and developing corruption prevention programs to prevent fraud, waste and abuse on large capital construction projects or within federal or state funded programs.
- Conducting policies and procedures reviews and assessing internal controls and making recommendations to strengthen critical internal control processes.
- Monitoring compliance with prevailing wage laws, Disadvantaged, Women and Minority Owned Business programs and other contractual or regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring federal and state funded grant and financial assistance programs.
- Providing litigation support related to construction disputes and surety claims.
Mr. Cropley’s representative engagements include:
- Currently providing integrity and compliance monitoring services to the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) on the East Side Access and Long Island Rail Road Third Track projects and various private organizations within the construction industry.
- Provided various compliance and consulting services to the Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR).
- Extensive experience with auditing a variety of construction companies which varied in annual revenues from $500 million to $20 million per year.
- Audit/Review SEC filings, U.S. GAAP, and Statutory reporting, including entity-wide evaluations of internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley 404.
- Provided integrity monitoring and investigative work, including the World Trade Center Ground Zero and Transportation Hub projects, the Deutsche Bank building demolition and the NJ State Dept. of Community Affairs/Sandy Recovery Division.