Preparing For Your Meeting Of Creditors
All Debtors are required to attend a Meeting of Creditors. These meetings will usually take place at:
Claude Pepper Federal Building
51 SW First Avenue
Miami, FL 33130
Please verify the address, date, and time of your meeting on the Notice of Commencement from the Bankruptcy Court.
- Please plan to arrive at the Meeting of Creditors at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- If you need to reschedule the meeting, please contact your attorney.
- If you need a translator, please tell your attorney in advance.
- Quiet is mandatory – please conduct yourselves accordingly.
- Attorneys must be dressed as if they are going to make an appearance in Court. Please be prepared.
- If a Co-Debtor is unable to appear at the meeting, then the Co-Debtor MUST provide the Trustee with an Order from the Judge excusing him or herself.
Each Debtor MUST bring to the Meeting of Creditors one (1) original form of identification from Column 1 below AND one (1) original proof of Social Security Number from Column 2 below (PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED):
- Original Government Issued Photo Identification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Government ID
- State picture ID
- US passport
- Military ID
- Resident alien card
- Original Proof of Social Security Number
- Original social security card
- Medical insurance card reflecting Debtor’s social security number
- Original pay stub with Debtor’s social security number
- Original IRS Form W-2 or IRS Form 1099
- Original Social Security Administration report or letter reflecting Debtor’s social security number.